|Job Title:||CARDIAC SERVICES MANAGER|
|Location:||Mulgrave, Monash, Victoria|
|Expertise:||Health - Acute & Non-Acute|
|Salary:||Above award & benefits|
|Job Published:||05 Sep 2021|
|Closing Date:||05 Oct 2021|
- Wallace Street Recruitment is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, high calibre Cardiac Nurse leader to manage a rapidly expanding Cardiac Unit.
- As the Cardiac Services Manager you will oversee 36 beds - 17 beds in the Coronary Care Unit and 29 beds in another Cardiac area, where there is a Nursing Unit Manager, who will work with you and, you will manage the patient flow and timely access from both the Emergency Department and an elective admission perspective
- The successful candidate will report to the Director of Clinical Services and work collaboratively with the Visiting Medical Officers and in particular with the hospital’s Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic surgeons, Intensivists and Emergency Department Physicians.
- This is an opportunity to work with a proactive team, at an acute medical and surgical hospital with 226 beds, located in Melbourne, Victoria with services including a 24-hour Emergency Department, 10 bed ICU, 17 bed CCU, 9 Operating theatres including a Hybrid Theatre, Cardiac Catheter Laboratory and Endoscopy Suite. In addition, there is a Day Procedure Unit, Short Stay Unit, Medical and Surgical Wards, Consulting Suites (on and off site), Diagnostic Imaging (including EOS), Pathology and Radiation Oncology (operated by ICON).
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent, with current AHPRA Division 1 Registration
- Post graduate qualifications in Critical Care or Cardiac Care
- Demonstrated leadership accountability
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, including computer skills
- Previous senior management within an acute hospital environment
- Proven experience in managing KPI datasets including monitoring of activity targets, length of stay management and human resource management (WHPPD)
- Core knowledge of the National Safety and Quality Standards and implementation and monitoring of quality activities to support these standards
- A thorough orientation and an ongoing education support program
- Above award salary and benefits, including free parking, for a qualified, suitable and experienced and self-motivated candidate
- The location of the role and also, career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to join and work with a passionate team focused on delivering nursing excellence to their growing hospital and community