|Job Title:||Program Development Officer - Initial Assessment and Referral|
|Location:||New South Wales|
|Expertise:||Health - Acute & Non-Acute|
|Salary:||Pro-rata + superannuation and benefits|
|Job Published:||28 May 2022|
|Closing Date:||27 Jun 2022|
Part-time – 4 days/week
Wallace Street Recruitment is seeking a person with experience in the field of healthcare and/or mental health for the role of Program Development Officer – Initial Assessment and Referral
- Our client is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the Commonwealth government, and is focused on the implementation and delivery of programs to improve health for the people in their community within the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith local government areas.
- Empowering general practice and other healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality, accessible and integrated primary healthcare that meets the needs of the community, is our client’s mission.
- Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, this new role will support the adoption of the National Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR) approach with all Wentworth Healthcare delivered and commissioned mental health services, as well as general practices and other key stakeholders across the Nepean Blue Mountains region.
- The role will include leading the training and ongoing support to GPs and other health professionals to utilise the National Initial Assessment and Referral Decision Support Tool (IAR-DST), designed to recommend the most appropriate level of care for individuals seeking support with mental health conditions.
- This role will involve:
- Establishing effective approaches and systems within the primary care setting for the application of the Initial Assessment and Referral Decision Support Tool (IAR-DST).
- Improving the integration of the IAR-DST into commissioned and contracted services.
- Being the go-to person to assist, train and support health professionals utilise the IAR-DST.
- This role will also involve strong project management which underpins the effective implementation of the Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR) project across the region to meet successful outcomes within the approved annual plan and budget of the organisations funding body contract.
- The organisation will provide a thorough orientation, training and ongoing support.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a committed team and organisation, with a cohesive, supportive and positive culture.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with attention to detail, and effective engagement skills.
- The ability to take responsibility, demonstrate autonomy and expert judgement whilst taking responsibility for program outcomes.
- Design, develop and integrate multiple pieces of work or project/program outcomes, whilst considering risks and mitigation requirements for the organisation.
- Proven ability to utilise information technology tools in particular the Microsoft suite to an intermediate level.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different internal program teams, supporting staff where required to ensure effective implementation and increased reach and outcome impacts.
- Current National Criminal History Record Check
- Current Covid Vaccination in compliance with the NSW Public Health order.
- Current Australian Work Rights.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or working towards same
- Tertiary qualification and or equivalent experience in the field of health, business or project management
- An understanding of primary healthcare
- Experience as a mental health clinician – for example: social worker, psychologist, nurse etc.
- A thorough orientation
- Salary range of $89,918 to $96,320 pro-rata, plus superannuation and other benefits
- The opportunity for flexible work options
- An opportunity to join and work with a passionate team focused on delivering excellence to their growing community
** Note: This position is being offered in a part-time capacity and is funded until 30th June 2023. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
For a private and confidential conversation regarding this role with Wallace Street Recruitment, please contact Zoё or Danielle on +61 (02) 9168 8006 or mobile +61 (0) 499 024 422 or, submit your CV and contact details online - www.wallacest.com .