|Job Title:||REGIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION COORDINATOR - FULLTIME|
|Expertise:||Health - Acute & Non-Acute|
|Salary:||Attractive salary with additional benefits and salary sacrificing|
|Job Published:||02 Sep 2022|
|Closing Date:||02 Oct 2022|
Wallace Street Recruitment is seeking a person with experience in the field of mental health or a related field, or experience that provides a demonstrated knowledge in suicide prevention and the mental health service sector, for the role of Regional Suicide Prevention Coordinator.
- Our client is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the Commonwealth government, and is focused on the implementation and delivery of programs to improve health for the people in their community within the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith local government areas.
- Empowering general practice and other healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality, accessible and integrated primary healthcare that meets the needs of the community, is our client’s mission.
- The mission guides the program role to lead mental health and suicide prevention planning, commissioning and integration of services at a regional level to improve outcomes for people with, or at risk of, mental illness and/or suicide, in partnership primary care and other related services, organisations and providers.
- This is an exciting new role and the new Regional Suicide Prevention Coordinator will take primary responsibility for coordination, commissioning and integration of early intervention and suicide prevention activities across regional stakeholders and service within the Nepean Blue Mountains region.
- The coordination, development and integration of activities are identified at a local level in accordance with the National Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Agreement and engagement with the Commonwealth Department of Health and the NSW Government.
- The role will entail working closely with all stakeholders and you will lead engagement with those who can contribute to a collective voice, helping shape suicide prevention and early intervention initiatives across the region and in line with the Regional Suicide Prevention Action Plan.
- Your line manager will be the Manager of Mental Health and Addiction Support Commissioning.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a committed team and organisation, with a cohesive, supportive and positive culture.
- Tertiary level of learning in mental health or a related field, or equivalent experience that provides a demonstrated advanced knowledge of, and experience in, suicide prevention and the mental health service sector.
- Proven track record in stakeholder engagement, including an ability to build relationships and supportive partnerships with community leaders and other stakeholders including Local Hospital Networks, and government and non-government organisations.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal communication skills that enable communication across multiple facets of media with a proven ability to negotiate common outcomes for both the business and its partnerships.
- Effective project management skills and experience in a health or wellbeing-related setting, with a high attention to detail. This includes the ability to manage competing priorities and demands, designing, developing and integrating multiple pieces of work or project / program outcomes, whilst considering risks and mitigation requirements.
- The ability to take responsibility for program outcomes, demonstrate autonomy and expert judgement within area of expertise and to work both independently and as part of an on-site and remote team.
- Demonstrated experience with problem solving skills and the capacity to analyse data and information and plan approaches.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of information technology tools in particular the Microsoft Office suite to an intermediate level, customer relations databases, email, and internet.
- Current National Criminal History Record Check.
- Current Covid Vaccination in compliance with the NSW Public Health order.
- Current Australian Work Rights.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
- A thorough orientation
- Salary of $96,320 plus superannuation ($10,113) with the ability to salary sacrifice along with other benefits such as additional leave
- Generous support to professional development
- The opportunity for flexible work options
- Modern office with free onsite parking
- An opportunity to join and work with a passionate team focused on delivering excellence to their growing community
** Note: This position is being offered in a fulltime capacity and is funded until 30th June 2024. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
For a private and confidential conversation regarding this role with Wallace Street Recruitment, please contact Zoё or Danielle on +61 (02) 9168 8006 or mobile +61 (0) 499 024 422 or, submit your CV and contact details online - www.wallacest.com .